Alex used Chris Schwarz's 1:4 marker on both the Anarchist Tool Chest and the Dutch Tool Chest. He liked it so much we contacted Sterling Toolworks immediately. 1:4 slope looks great on both chests. This is the one we would highly recommend.
Introducing the Saddle-Tail layout tool, the first tool from Sterling Tool Works. The Saddle-Tail incorporates two common used tools; a dovetail marker
and a saddle square
into one premium tool
The Saddle-Tail was inspired by a layout tool from Christopher Schwarzs personal tool kit, that was designed and made by Christian Groves of Melbourne, Australia. The founder of Sterling Tool Works, Chris Kuehn used this tool during a class he attended, instructed by Mr. Schwarz. Chris expressed an interest to bring a similar design to more hand tool artisans with some improvements and was encouraged to do so. Chris was inspired to bring his love of tools and skills in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Woodworking to provide the Saddle-Tail to other woodworking enthusiasts and launched Sterling Tool Works to do so. The Saddle-Tail became Sterlings first project and product.The Saddle-Tail is a premier layout tool with several features:
* A very pleasing slope that is good for hardwood or softwoods
* Capable of gang marking of ¾ stock for carcass tail layout
* No more marking mishaps only one slope on this layout tool!
- Many other dovetail markers have multiple slopes and can be inadvertently mixed during your project
* Integral saddle square
- Transfer your layout lines perfectly to a perpendicular face
- No need to go back to your tool chest for a square, flip the Saddle-Tail over and its a saddle-square ready for use!
* Easy to hold and perfectly balanced
- When you grab it, your fingers fall into the machined recess naturally
- Extra precision when you need it most
* Relief on the internal corners for reliable accurate marking
- Even if your board has fuzz on the edges
* O-1 Tool Steel and Brass construction, made in the USAUnfortunately the 1:7 is not currently available. Please call us on 01473 784983 or email email@example.com to be added to our waiting list.
Prices incl VAT