The Sovereign Ultima is a hollowing system from Robert Sorby. It forms part of the Sovereign System but is also a stand-alone tool in its own right. It is designed to enable the woodturner to produce hollow vessels up to 16" (400 mm) in depth.
There are two models: a small version for projects up to 11" (275 mm) and a medium version for up to 16" (400 mm).
For those turners who already have the Sovereign handle both versions are also supplied without handle.
The Sovereign Ultima features:
* Cleverly designed shaving clearance which prevents clogging in normal use
* A high performance cutter system which slices through wood rather than scrapes
* Adjustable cutter depth for heavy or light cuts with fine micro adjustment for extra finesse
* Cutter easy to sharpen with diamond hone
* Replacement cutters readily available
* An articulating link which enables the turner to undercut the rims of projects
* Extendable shaft
* Comfortable, softex Sovereign handle
* Separate finishing head with scraper cutter, a cutter holder for easy sharpening, and an extra link are available as optional extras
* 100% manufactured in the UK
For more information please click here for a pdf download